Parmesan Zucchini Tots
Wednesday, August 30th 2017, 3:17 pm
By: News On 6
- 1 1/2 Cups of Zucchini (shredded and patted dry)
- 1 Cup of Italian seasoned Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 Cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 Large egg, beaten
- Shred zucchini with a vegetable grater, and pat dry with a few sheets of paper towels. Absorb most of the moisture. Keep drying until paper towels are no longer soaking with water.
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Measure out 1 1/2 cups of dry zucchini and place in a large mixing bowl. Add egg, cheese and bread crumbs. Mix well.
- Take 1 tablespoon of zucchini batter and squeeze in palm of hand, compressing it. Some water should also release out. Using both hands now, shape to resemble a tater tot shape. Place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown and crispy. Flip over and bake another 5 minutes. Serve warm with a dipping sauce of your choice.
Nutritional analysis per serving:
- Calories: 70
- Calories from fat: 35
- Total fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 60mg
- Sugars: 2g
- Sodium: 190mg
- Carbs: 2g
- Protein: 6g