Mini Chocolate-Banana Cupcakes With Peanut Butter
Monday, July 17th 2017, 7:31 am
By: News On 6
- 3/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup(s) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 3 small banana(s), ripe, mashed (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup(s) plain low fat Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup(s) sugar, granulated
- 1 large egg(s)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 10 Tbsp mini chocolate chips
- 4 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 cup(s) lite whipped topping, thawed
- 3 Tbsp salted creamy peanut butter, or unsalted
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, combine mashed bananas, yogurt, sugar, egg and vanilla extract. Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients until just combined; gently stir in chocolate chips.
- Coat a 24 hole mini-muffin pan with cooking spray (or line with cupcake liners) and fill each with a heaping tablespoon batter. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean, about 13 minutes. Cool to room temperature in pan, about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make frosting, beat together whipped topping and peanut butter by hand until light and fluffy. Frost each cupcake with a rounded teaspoon frosting and chill until ready to serve. Yields 1 cupcake per serving.