Just Peachy Monkey Bread
Tuesday, June 20th 2017, 12:38 pm
News On 6
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 packages Shawnee Mills Buttermilk Biscuit mix
- 1 1/2 cups Hiland Whole Milk
- 1 peach, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup or 1 stick Hiland Unsalted Butter
- 1/3 cup Griffin’s Organic Pancake Syrup
- 1/2 cup Southern Okie Gourmet Peach Spread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously spray a Bundt pan with nonstick baking spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together granulated sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg
- In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and milk. Stir together to form a dough. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Scoop heaping tablespoons of biscuit dough and form into balls.
- Roll in cinnamon-sugar mixture until evenly coated.
- Layer half of the dough balls in the Bundt pan.
- Sprinkle with peaches and almonds.
- Top with remaining half of dough balls.
- In a small saucepan, heat butter and syrup over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves and
- butter is melted. Remove from heat, and stir in peach spread. Pour evenly over dough balls.
- Bake until golden brown, about 35 minutes. Let cool in pan 10 minutes, then invert onto a serving platter. Serve warm.