Peanut Butter Granola Bar
Thursday, May 25th 2017, 12:58 pm
News On 6
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons natural creamy peanut butter, more if needed to hold bar together
- 2 cups One Degree Sprouted Oat Granola of your choice
- ½ cup old-fashioned oat flakes
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup sprouted sunflower seeds
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 tablespoons brown rice syrup
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips (Enjoy Life brand)
- Put all ingredients in a bowl, and mix thoroughly.
- Place a piece of parchment paper in an 8” square baking dish.
- Pour mixture evenly into the dish. Press down firmly all over the top of the mixture using a spatula or your hands with a piece of waxed paper until the mixture is as compact in the dish as possible.
- At this point you can lift the bars out of the dish (using the edges of the parchment paper) and immediately cut into the bars with a sharp knife. If you would like the bars to firm up even more, cover dish with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes before cutting them into bars.
- Store cut bars in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.