Loss Of Power Due To Apartment Fire Doesn’t Stop Coweta Business Owner


Saturday, May 6th 2017, 7:57 pm
By: News On 6


A handful of downtown Coweta businesses had to go without power Saturday morning after a building caught fire.

Smoke could be seen for miles as firefighters spent hours battling the fire.

Related Story: Fire Destroys Coweta Apartment Building

PSO had to turn off power to part of downtown because of close-hanging power lines near the building.

The owner of a nearby craft studio said losing power didn't stop her clients.

"I began calling my customers for the day, and they said, ‘Well, it’s a beautiful day can we not just paint outside?’ So, we made lemons out of lemonade,” said Misty Edwards of 4 Tons of Blessings Boutique and Crafts.

The power was turned back on in the evening.

Firefighters say the building is likely a total loss.

They think the fire might have started at the water heater.

No one was hurt.