Mediterranean Watermelon Orzo Salad
Monday, May 1st 2017, 2:45 pm
By: News On 6
- 2/3 cup orzo
- 1/3 cup Panera® Greek Dressing
- ½ tsp. cumin
- 1 tbsp. each lemon juice & lemon zest (1/2) lemon
- 1 tbsp. mint, chopped
- 4 cups watermelon, diced
- 1 English cucumber, diced (about 3 cups)
- 1/3 cup red onion
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Feta cheese, crumbled (optional)
- Pistachios, chopped (optional)
- Cook orzo in salted, boiling water according to package instructions, about 10 minutes. Drain well and pour into large bowl.
- In small bowl, combine dressing, cumin, lemon juice, zest, and mint. Pour over orzo and stir to combine. Let cool slightly.
- Add watermelon, cucumber, and red onion to orzo and stir. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with crumbled feta and chopped pistachios, if desired.
- Best if served chilled
- Grilled chicken marinated in our Greek Dressing makes a perfect pairing
- Try whole wheat orzo and adding chickpeas for a heartier main dish salad.
Prep Time: 20 minutes