Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Bar Cookies
Monday, March 27th 2017, 2:20 pm
By: News On 6
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted and cooled, plus more for the pan
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup roughly chopped pitted dates (about 5 ounces)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Butter a 9x13-inch pan and line with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk melted butter with brown sugar.
- Add egg, vanilla and salt, and whisk until fully incorporated.
- Add flour, chocolate chips and dates, and stir until just combined.
- Spread mixture into the prepared pan and bake until lightly browned and firm in the center, about 35 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into bars.