Spaghetti Alla Carbonara
Tuesday, March 14th 2017, 1:08 pm
By: News On 6
- 2 large eggs and 2 large yolks, room temperature
- 1/3 cup grated Pecorino Romano, plus additional for serving
- 1/3 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 slices of thick bacon cut into lardons
- 12 oz spaghetti
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, yolks and cheeses.
- Season with a pinch of salt and generous black pepper.
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat, add the bacon, and sauté until the fat just renders but it is not crispy.
- Remove from heat and remove bacon from pan.
- Set aside.
- Boil pasta in salted water until a bit firmer than al dente.
- Just before pasta is ready, reheat bacon, if needed.
- Add 1 cup of pasta water to the pan over low heat.
- Stir for a minute or so.
- Toss hot pasta in cheese mixture, adding some reserved pasta water if needed for creaminess.
- Serve immediately, dressing it with grated pecorino, pepper and reserved bacon.