Pink Ribbon Bagel French Toast Casserole
Monday, October 3rd 2016, 10:16 am
By: News On 6
- 6 Panera Bread Pink Ribbon Bagels torn into 1-inch pieces
- 1 ½ cups dried cherries
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- Mix the bagel pieces and dried cherries and layer the mixture in a 9 by 13 baking dish.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and sugar until combined. Add the vanilla and cinnamon and stir to combine. Pour the liquid over the bagel pieces, cover, and refrigerate for an hour or overnight.
- When you are ready to bake the casserole, preheat the oven to 350°F.
- To make the topping, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Using a pastry cutter or two forks, combine the cubed butter until evenly distributed. Sprinkle the topping on the casserole.
- Bake for 45 minutes until the top is golden brown and the liquid is set.
- Remove from oven to cool for 10 minutes prior to serving.