Okie Style Ratatouille
Thursday, August 25th 2016, 9:07 am
By: News On 6
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cups peeled and chopped fresh tomatoes (or 1 28-oz. can peeled tomatoes with juice, chopped)
- 1¾ cup sliced okra, stems removed
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and chopped
- 3 small zucchinis, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh finely chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon fresh finely chopped oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet sauté onion in the olive oil.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a simmer and cook until tender, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Serve warm over quinoa or brown rice or chill and serve as an appetizer.