Sweet-Heat Summer Grilling Sauce
Wednesday, June 15th 2016, 12:57 pm
By: News On 6
- 2 teaspoons of pecan oil (or olive oil)
- 2 minced cloves of garlic
- 4 sliced Shishito peppers (or jalapeno)
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup blackberries
- ½ cup cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons local honey
- 2 tablespoons Siekel’s mustard
- 2 tablespoons Habanero jelly (or pepper jelly)
- salt and pepper
- Heat the oil to medium heat in a sauté pan.
- Add the garlic and peppers and a dash of salt cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, blackberries, vinegar and honey and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Fold in the mustard and pepper jelly.
- Adjust taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon over grilled vegetables, chicken or fish.