Tulsa Firefighter Shocked Battling House Fire


Wednesday, May 25th 2016, 8:04 am
By: News On 6


A firefighter is in the hospital after getting shocked while responding to a house fire overnight Wednesday near Pine and Sheridan.  

A Tulsa Fire Department chief said the firefighter is expected to be OK after getting shocked while he was in the garage fighting the fire.  

The fire was reported around 2:15 a.m. in the 6200 block of East Newton Place. Four people were inside the home at the time of the fire - two adults and two children. They were able to get out safely.

They're having to find a new place to stay because of the damage. At this time - it's not clear what started the fire, but there was a lot of lightning with storms overnight.

Fire investigators are hoping to determine the official cause later Wednesday.