Tulsa Man Burned Smoking In Bed

Wednesday, April 13th 2016, 8:54 am
By: Dee Duren

A Tulsa man was burned while smoking in bed Wednesday morning, according to the Tulsa Fire Department. Tulsa firefighters were called out to the 400 block of South Lawton around 7:30 a.m. Wednesday.

The fire was at the Hewgley Terrace, a Tulsa Housing Authority complex.

Firefighters say the bed caught fire, and the man was burned over the top half of his body. He ran out into the hallway for help, and workers saw him and managed to get him out. 

EMSA arrived at treated the man at the complex before taking him to the hospital. We don't know his condition.