A family of three was able to escape a house fire near Admiral and U.S. Highway 169 on Thursday morning after a pet woke them.
The house has heavy fire damage to the interior by back bedroom.
Three people were inside – a couple and their 14 year-old daughter.
The girl’s cat woke her up, which was a life-saver, officials say, because there are no smoke detectors in the home. The teen woke up her parents and the family was able to get out of the home without any injuries.
The cause isn’t clear, but firefighters think it might be electrical.
The Red Cross is going to put the family in a hotel.
Search and rescue is still trying to find two animals left inside. Firefighters still are monitoring for hot spots.