Malfunctioning Fire Sprinkler Damages Tulsa School


Wednesday, September 2nd 2015, 7:36 am
By: News On 6


Firefighters say a malfunctioning fire sprinkler damaged a classroom early Wednesday at the Street School.  

The school is located in the 1100 block of South Yale.

The fire department responded to a fire alarm at the school at 12:20 a.m. Firefighters said there was no fire, but a sprinkler in the ceiling had malfunctioned and flooded a classroom.

The Tulsa Public Works Department shut off water to the school and a remediation firm was called to clean up the damage.