After a two year hiatus the Oral Roberts baseball team returns to the NCAA Tournament. The Golden Eagles earned a No. 3 seed in the Stillwater Regional and will take on Arkansas in the opening game of the tournament at Allie P. Reynolds Stadium.
First pitch is scheduled for noon Friday as Geoff Haxton will have the radio call and can be heard at 1550 AM in the Tulsa area and around the world for free online and on mobile devices at ORUAthletics.com.
ORU will take on either St. John's or region host Oklahoma State Saturday.
Fans wishing to purchase tickets for the Stillwater Regional can do so online through the OSU Athletics Ticket Office HERE. Tickets available will be all session for $60 each. Single-session tickets, which will be available in limited quantities, will go on sale 90 minutes before each session at Reynolds Stadium. For the Regional, all seats will be reserved.
If still available, tickets will also go on sale over the phone via the OSU Ticket Office on Tuesday morning by calling 877-ALL-4-OSU (877-255-4678).
OUT OF THE BOX
• After capturing a conference-record 16th Summit League Tournament title to advance to the NCAA Tournament for the 25th time in program-history, the Golden Eagles earned a No. 3 seed in the Stillwater Regional hosted by Oklahoma State. Joining ORU and the Cowboys in the regional are No. 2 Arkansas and No. 4 St. John's.
• Oral Roberts takes a six-game winning-streak into Regional play and opens NCAA Tournament action against Arkansas (35-22) on May 27 at noon game on SEC Network.
• Its six-game winning streak is tied as the seventh-longest active streak in the country. The Golden Eagles have won 9-of-10 games with its lone loss coming in walk-off fashion against the Shockers of Wichita State. Since April 26, ORU is 13-1 overall with a 4-0 record at J.L. Johnson Stadium and a 6-1 mark on the road.
• ORU has been one of the best road teams in the nation going 18-6 away from J.L Johnson this season with the seventh-best road win percentage. The 18 road wins are tied for the second-best mark in college baseball. Dallas Baptist and Nevada lead the country with 19 road victories apiece.
• Oral Roberts has a 34-48 all-time record in NCAA Tournament action and competed in the event a total of 25 times, with its last College World Series appearance in 1978.
• ORU is no stranger to the Razorbacks or Oklahoma State in the postseason, defeating both teams in the opener of the Fayetteville Regional in 2006. The Golden Eagles went on that year to the Clemson Super Regional. Just this year, the Golden Eagles squared off with the Cowboys in a split series. ORU took the first game, 4-2, at J.L. Johnson Stadium before completing the season sweep in Stillwater with a 15-5 victory.