A hot shooting afternoon for the IUPUI Jaguars was too much for the Oral Roberts University women's basketball team to overcome Saturday falling 85-52 in Summit League action.
The Golden Eagles took an early lead but with 16:22 left in the first half IUPUI responded with a 17-4 run and built a 14 point lead. The Jaguars hot shooting would continue finishing the first half making 16-of-31 at 51 percent and take a 47-21 lead at the half.
ORU was out-rebounded for the first time in five games as IUPUI dominated in the paint outscoring the Golden Eagles 36-24 in the paint. The Jaguars also went 18-of-22 from the free throw line as ORU finished 12-of-17 from the line.
Vicky McIntyre led ORU with 16 points and 11 rebounds for her 22nd double-double of the season while Bernadett Ballaadded 13 points and seven boards off the bench.
Akilah Sims led all scorers with 30 points and six rebounds.
The Turning Point
IUPUI went on a 17-4 run midway through the first half to build a 14 point lead. From that point the Jaguars went on to lead by as many as 38 points before taking an 85-52 victory.
Oral Roberts: Vicky McIntyre scored 16 points and pulled down 11 rebounds to lead ORU. Bernadett Balla added 13 points off the bench.
IUPUI: Akilah Sims led all players with 30 points and six rebounds. Nevena Markovic added 15 points and seven boards.
Inside the Box Score
- IUPUI was just the third team to score 80 points or more against the Golden Eagles and first since Tennessee on November 17 of this season.
- ORU was out-rebounded for the first time in five games and just the third time in the last 13 games.
- Vicky McIntyre recorded her 22nd double-double of the season and ninth straight.
News & Notes
- The Golden Eagles fall to 2-11 on the road and have won four of their last six.
- McIntyre also extended her ORU record for rebounds and blocks and now has 432 boards and 127 blocks. Her 127 blocks rank third on the Summit League single-season list and is three behind second place Brooke McAfee of IUPUI as McAfee also holds the top spot with 137 blocks.
- ORU splits the season series with IUPUI and has lost their last two games in Indianapolis.
The Golden Eagles return home to host IPFW in the regular season finale. ORU will honor five seniors at the Mabee Center as tip-off is set for 2 p.m.