Firefighters said a woman was injured as she and her teenaged children escaped a small fire in her south Tulsa home early Wednesday.
The Tulsa Fire Department got the call to a home in the 9100 block of South Lakewood just before 2:30 a.m.
Firefighters said a woman and her two children, ages 13 and 15, were in the home when the fire started. The woman awoke to smoke and broke out a back window to escape. EMSA took her to the hospital to be treated for cuts from the broken glass.
The two teenagers were not injured.
Firefighters said the fire started in the laundry room and the flames were contained in there. They said the home did not have any working smoke detectors and installed a new smoke detector.
Investigators determined the fire was accident related to the washing machine.