Police Investigate Second Homicide In Last Week At Tulsa Motel

Tuesday, January 27th 2015, 6:08 pm

Homicide detectives are investigating after a man in his 30s was shot to death at a Tulsa motel. It's the second murder at the Super 8 near 31st and Memorial in the last week.

Police are looking for four suspects who rushed into a room and shot the man to death. They're also still trying to identify the victim, who police say had an ID on him that wasn't his.

Tulsa police worked over the scene at the Super 8 Motel, fingerprinting a door where the suspects left the building, and examining a car with an Ohio license plate connected to the victim.

1/27/2015 Related Story: Police Investigate Fatal Shooting At East Tulsa Motel

Police say two people were in a hotel room, a man and a woman, at 9:15 Tuesday morning, when someone knocked on the door.

“Four individuals forced their way in and, at some point, the victim was shot multiple times," said Tulsa Police Officer, Leland Ashley.

Police said the victim was dead at the scene.

Four hours after the shooting, his body was taken away by the medical examiner.

The shooting happened in a second floor room, one with an inside door.

The window in the room was cracked and detectives spent hours inside looking for evidence.

Detectives interviewed several people at the scene, including guests who were just a few doors down from the shooting, but they offered few solid leads on the suspects.

Police checked surveillance cameras which got pictures of the suspects leaving from several angles.

In the images, police say the suspects were well covered, with hoodies on, and police weren't even positive of the race of the suspects.

"So we're hoping someone saw a vehicle speeding away, or saw four people leaving the hotel. So if anyone has the slightest information we need them to call," Ashley said.

This is the same Motel where 70-year-old Gerald Hail was killed last week.

1/22/2015 Related Story: Tulsa Police: Man Confesses To Shooting, Killing Inola Man

Hail was found dead in a room after a silver alert had been issued for him.

Police Matthew Hannah in connection to that murder. Tuesday he was charged with first-degree murder and possession of a firearm after former conviction of a felony.

Detectives said the two cases are in no way connected, except where they happened.