• 2 tablespoons honey or apricot paste (dried apricots soaked in water to soften and blended)
• 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
• 1 tablespoon brown rice vinegar
• 1 tablespoon orange juice
• 2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon
• 1 1/2 teaspoon minced shallot
• 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
• Pinch ground black pepper
• 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
• 1/4 cup chopped peeled orange or mandarin
Prepare a grill or grill pan for medium-high-heat cooking.
To make the vinaigrette, whisk together honey, mustard, vinegar, juice, tarragon, shallot, zest and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside. Grill asparagus until browned and tender, 4 to 8 minutes, turning halfway through cooking. Separate grilled asparagus into 4 bundles and tie each with chives. Drizzle with vinaigrette and top with chopped orange.