Broken Arrow Parents Relieved 'Justice For Jarret' Is Finally At Hand

Saturday, May 10th 2014, 11:21 pm
By: News On 6

Parents of a Broken Arrow teenager who drowned at Fort Gibson Lake are reacting to the recent arrests made in a 8-year-old cold case investigation.

Jarret Clark was found dead in 2006, just days after he graduated from high school. After eight years, two people are behind bars accused of playing a role his drowning on Fort Gibson Lake, and the Wagoner County Sheriff says the investigation is far from over.

"I can't thank them enough. They are the reason we are here where we are today with this," said Tammy Slater, Jarret's mother.

Tammy and Eric Slater can't believe this is happening.

"I just keep telling myself no matter how I really feel inside, no matter how much it hurts, it's all about justice for Jarret, this is all about Jarret," Tammy said.

"We have to be his voice," said Eric Slater.

Clark's mother is relieved deputies are making arrests in the case.

Deputies arrested Dayna Marie Hargrove Miller at her parents' house in Cherokee County Friday. Deputies arrested Courtney Manzer a couple of months ago.

5/9/2014 Related Story: Second Arrest Made In Green Country Cold Case

Investigators believe Manzer was one of the last people to see Clark alive. Manzer and Miller are both accused of murder.

Clark was found dead in the Wahoo Bay area of Fort Gibson Lake back in 2006. According to court documents, investigators discovered Clark was beaten in the back of the head before he drowned in the lake.

In this latest arrest, prosecutors believe Miller played a role in the killing by placing her car in the "lookout position" while others dragged Clark into the lake.

Investigators say Miller lied to investigators about Clark being intoxicated and who was at the campsite.

Wagoner County Sheriff Bob Colbert says more arrests are coming in this case.

"The ones that haven't been arrested yet will have to look over their shoulders for the rest of their life until we do arrest them," he said.

Clark's father is relieved investigators are bringing this case to a close.

"I think the sheriff is getting to the bottom of it. I think the district attorney has gone a great job putting a case together, so hopefully the next thing is a trial," Eric Slater said.

Miller is being held without bond at the Wagoner County Jail.