• Fresh spinach – enough for about 3 cups chopped
• Canned artichoke hearts – about 3 pieces
• 2 cloves garlic
• 2 tablespoon olive oil
• 2 tablespoon of fat-free sour cream
• 1 cup shredded cheese (recommend a blend of mozzarella, Monterrey jack and/or provolone)
• 4 pieces whole wheat bread
• Kosher salt
1. Dice garlic cloves as well as chop the artichokes. Wash and stem the spinach and chop it coarsely.
2. Heat ~1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet. Add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Add the spinach and a pinch of kosher salt, and sauté for a few minutes. Add the artichokes and sauté for another minute or so, until heated through. Drain off any liquid from the pan. Stir in 2 tablespoons sour cream and another pinch of kosher salt.
3. Spread olive oil on one side of each of the 4 bread pieces. Heat a griddle pan to medium high heat. Place 2 pieces of bread on the griddle, oil side down. On each piece, sprinkle shredded cheese and add the spinach artichoke filling. Add more cheese (1/2 cup cheese per sandwich), and the other piece of bread. When the bottom bread is browned, flip the sandwich and cook until the bread is toasted and the cheese is melted.