A Grove business was destroyed in a huge fire that brought out nine fire departments late Saturday morning. The fire started in the parts room of Frankie's Marine, located just north of the Cowskin/Elk River Bridge on Highway 10, The Grove Sun reports.
Thick black smoke fueled by fiberglass, oil and gasoline poured from the building as the fire spread throughout the 20,000 square foot business. Firefighters contained the fire, keeping it from neighboring businesses.
Emergency personnel had to shut down Highway 10 at one point during the five hours the fire burned because of the smoke.
Owner Frankie Howerton said he believes the fire was caused by an electrical problem. Read more at the Grove Sun.
Read more at the Grove Sun.