• 2 cups water
• 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs or breasts
Mango Pineapple Sauce
• Cooking spray
• ½ onion cut into strips
• ½ green pepper cut into strips
• 2 garlic cloves, chopped (or 2 teaspoons minced garlic)
• 2 cups frozen diced mango/pineapple fruit
• 1 tablespoon soy sauce
• 1 tablespoon corn starch (mix with water to thicken sauce)
• 8 (1.3-ounce) mini sandwich buns or Hawaiian Buns
1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl. Sprinkle chicken with pepper mixture. Place a large grill pan over medium-high heat; add water and chicken. Cover pan and cook until chicken is tender on medium heat. Cool slightly; shred meat by pulling apart with a fork. Remove from pan.
2. Coat pan with cooking spray. Place sliced onions, pepper and garlic in pan. Cook on medium high heat until lightly browned.
3. Add mango/pineapple fruit. Cover and cook on medium high heat until tender. Stir in soy sauce and thicken with corn starch which has been mixed with a slight amount of water to thicken sauce.
4. Spread about 1 teaspoon of the fruit mixture on the cut side of each sandwich bun half. Place about 1/3 cup chicken on bottom bun; cover with top half of bun.
5. Enjoy a new twist of Slider for the Super Bowl or any time.