Oklahoma State University says Boone Pickens Stadium WILL be ready for bedlam. It released the following news release Friday afternoon:
Crews have been working since early Friday to ensure that Boone Pickens Stadium is ready for Saturday's football game between Oklahoma and Oklahoma State.
What the crews are doing:
• Using snow blowers to clear walkways in the stadium.
• Using compounds to melt the snow and ice on the stadium stairs and walkways.
• Using brooms to clear off the stadium seats.
• Using tractors to clear snow from the field. The snow will be piled into the back of Gators and taken out of the stadium altogether.
• Using shovels to clear the sidelines and tight spaces in the stands.
• Using snow blowers and compounds to melt the snow and ice from the area outside of the stadium.
• Exercise caution at all times. Even though snow and ice is being melted, it will likely re-freeze overnight.
• Wear shoes with traction and grip.
• Monitor road conditions for your drive in.
• Arrive early.