• 2 pounds ground turkey breast
• 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus some for drizzling
• 2 ribs celery, very finely chopped (~1 cup)
• 1 carrot, peeled and grated or very finely chopped (~½ cup)
• 1 small onion, grated or very finely chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, grated or chopped
• Salt and pepper
• 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
• ¼ cup hot sauce, such as Frank's Red Hot
• 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
• 1/3 pound blue cheese, crumbled
• Splash of milk
• 12 whole wheat slider-size buns, dinner rolls, or mini-flatbreads
• Chopped lettuce
• 4 tablespoons chopped chives
• Carrot and celery sticks
1. Heat oil in small skillet over medium-high heat. Add celery, carrot, onions, garlic, salt and pepper, and cook to tender-crisp, 7-8 minutes. Let cool.
2. Place the cooled vegetables and meat in a bowl. Season with Old Bay, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Mix and form 12 patties and drizzle with olive oil. Heat cast-iron or other griddle or grill pan.
3. Combine sour cream, blue cheese, splash of milk or cream in a small bowl.
4. Add burgers to the hot pan and cook 4 minutes on each side. Then, pile on buns with lettuce, a tablespoon of blue cheese topping and garnish with chives. Serve with carrot and celery sticks alongside.
Makes 12 Sliders