Tulsa Firefighter Treated For Smoke Inhalation During House Fire


Saturday, August 24th 2013, 11:22 am
By: News On 6


A Tulsa firefighter was treated for smoke inhalation during a house fire Saturday morning. Crews were called to the 7100 block of East 9th Street at about 6:20 a.m., according to Tulsa Fire Department District Chief Mike Graves.

Smoke was billowing from under the eaves and through a bedroom window. No one was home, but the house does appear to be lived in.

Five companies responded and quickly brought the fire under control. Graves said the fire was confined to the living room and a bedroom.

The smoke inhalation was caused by a malfunctioning air mask, but the firefighter seemed to be OK.