Food On Stove Catches Fire, Destroys Rogers County Mobile Home


Monday, February 4th 2013, 9:32 am
By: News On 6


A mobile home in the Lone Elm RV Park just west of Claremore was destroyed by fire Sunday evening.

Claremore Fire got the call just before 9 p.m. When firefighters arrived at the RV park on state Highway 20, fire was coming from everywhere in the home.

Fire officials say the family living in the trailer was able to escape unharmed but lost everything in the fire.

The wife told firefighters she was cooking dinner on the stove and had to attend to a child when the food caught fire, quickly catching the rest of the kitchen and the home on fire.

Northwest Rogers County Fire Department assisted Claremore Fire at the fire scene.

One problem was the lack of a water supply, since there were no fire hydrants nearby.