Yield: 1 ½ gallons
Water, 1 gallon
Bouillon, 3 tbsp.
Garlic, chopped 1 tsp.
Sage, rubbed or chopped 4 tbsp.
Lemon, juice 5 ea.
Pepper, black ground 1 tsp
Salt, Kosher 1 tbsp.
Chicken, fryer whole 1 ea.
Tortellini, cheese 2 lbs.
Cheese, Parmesan shredded as needed for garnish
Lettuce, romaine - julienne as needed for garnish
1. In large sauce pot add water, bouillon, garlic, sage, lemon juice, black pepper, salt, and fryer chicken.
2. Bring contents of pot up to a simmer and cover with a lid, allow to cook for approx. 1 ½ to 2 hours.
3. Remove chicken from the liquid and allow to cool slightly. Pick meat from chicken and return to broth.
4. Add tortellini to simmering liquid stirring occasionally until tortellini is cooked (about 5 minutes)
5. Serve immediately in a bowl, garnish with romaine lettuce and shredded parmesan cheese.