Tulsa Elementary School Evacuated After Kitchen Fire


Friday, November 2nd 2012, 1:57 pm

By: Dee Duren


Tulsa Public Schools has confirmed a kitchen fire at an elementary school.

Firefighters were called to Springdale Elementary School at Pine at Lewis in the noon hour Friday.

School administrators say the school was evacuated, and all students and faculty are accounted for and unharmed.

The school's sprinkler system had partially extinguished the fire that started at a stove and spread to the walls. Tulsa Fire Department is checking the roof of the school to make sure the blaze is under control.

Maintenance workers are also responding to the elementary school to make repairs, administrators say.

logo

Get The Daily Update!

Be among the first to get breaking news, weather, and general news updates from News on 6 delivered right to your inbox!

More Like This

November 2nd, 2012

April 18th, 2022

April 18th, 2022

April 18th, 2022

Top Headlines

October 4th, 2022

October 4th, 2022

October 4th, 2022

October 4th, 2022