Ground Beef, Lean 4 lbs.
Onions, Fine Dice ½ cup
Green Bell Peppers, Fine Dice ½ cup
Butter ½ stick
Eggs, beaten 4 eggs
Ketchup ½ cup
Oats 8 oz.
Salt 3 tbsp.
Black Pepper 1 tbsp + 1 tsp
Garlic Powder 1 tbsp.
Worcestershire Sauce ¼ cup
Velveeta 15-(1 inch cubes)
Ketchup ¾ cup
Tomato Sauce ½ cup
1. In a medium sauté pan, sauté onions and peppers until tender and onions are translucent. (approx. 10 minutes) Allow to cool.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
3. In a large mixing bowl, mix all ingredients except cheese very well in mixing bowl.
4. Spray 9X5X3 loaf pan with non-stick spray. Lay 1 inch thick layer of meat mixture on bottom of each loaf pan. Push small trench down middle of meatloaf layer.
5. Place cubes of cheese in trench and space evenly, leaving 1 inch on either end of the loaf pans.
6. Place layer of meatloaf on top of lower layer and cheese. Press meatloaf around all of the edges to ensure that meatloaf is sealed.
7. Cover loaf pan with aluminum foil and bake until internal temperature in 165 degrees(approx 1 hour)
8. During last 15 minutes of cooking process remove foil and brush on glaze liberally. Allow sugars in glaze to caramelize (approx 15 minutes)
9. Remove from oven allow meatloaf to rest for 10 minutes.
10. Slice and serve.
Yield: 16 Servings (makes (2) 9X5X3 Loaf pans)