• 3 ears of fresh corn (white or yellow)
• 3 Tbs. Olive oil
• 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
• 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
• ½ small red onion, finely chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• ½ bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
• salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
• 1 pinch salt-free lemon-herb seasoning (like Mrs. Dash)
1. Place one or two ears in the center of the microwave and cook 4 minutes per ear (8 minutes for 2 ears). Allow the corn to sit wrapped up for a minute to distribute its heat and continue to cook. Take the ear of corn and cut the stem off of the base about 1-2 rings of corn up from the base of ear. Then grab the ear at the top holding it by the corn silk or top of husk and give it a little shake over a plate and the entire ear of corn slides right out of the husk minus all the silk!
2. Cool until cool enough to touch, then slice corn kernels from the cob and place them in a serving bowl.
3. Stir olive oil into the corn along with the tomatoes, jalapeno, red onion, garlic and cilantro. Season with salt, pepper, and seasoning blend. Mix well, taste, and adjust seasoning if necessary. May serve as a warm side or chilled.