Chunky Peach Popsicles
8 popsicles, 3-ounce each| Active Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 2 1/4 hours
• 1 ¼ pounds ripe peaches, (3-4 medium), halved and pitted
• Juice of 1 lemon
• ¼ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
• ¼ cup sugar, or to taste
• ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Coarsely chop peaches in a food processor. Transfer 1 cup of the chunky peaches to a medium bowl. Add lemon juice, orange juice and sugar to taste (depending on the sweetness of the peaches) to the food processor. Puree until smooth. Add to the bowl with the chunky peaches and stir in vanilla.
2. Divide the mixture among twelve 2-ounce or eight 3-ounce freezer-pop molds (or small paper cups). Freeze until beginning to set, about 1 hour. Insert frozen-treat sticks and freeze until completely firm, about 1 hour more.
Per serving : 50 Calories; 0 g Fat; 0 g Sat; 0 g Mono; 0 mg Cholesterol; 13.5 g Carbohydrates; 0 g Protein; 1.5 g Fiber; 0 mg Sodium; 135 mg Potassium
1 Carbohydrate Serving Exchanges: 1 fruit
Tips & Notes
• Make Ahead Tip: Store in the freezer for up to 3 weeks. | Equipment: Twelve 2-ounce or eight 3-ounce freezer-pop molds, or small paper cups with frozen-treat sticks
• Ingredient Note: For a twist, try adding 1 to 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh mint or basil.
• Ingredient Note: May also substitute Splenda or non-nutritive sweetener for sugar, however the texture may not be as creamy.
Chocolate-Raspberry Frozen Yogurt Pops
Chocolate chips add a sweet counterpoint to these tangy bright-pink raspberry pops. Strawberries would work equally well.
About 10 (3-ounce) freezer pops | Active Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 6 1/4 hours
• 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
• 2 cups nonfat or low-fat plain yogurt, preferably Greek-style (see Note)
• 3-5 tablespoons sugar
• 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Puree raspberries, yogurt and sugar to taste in a food processor until smooth.
2. Divide the mixture among freezer-pop molds, stopping about 1 inch from the top. Evenly divide chocolate chips among the molds. Stir the chips into the raspberry mixture, stirring out any air pockets at the same time. Insert the sticks and freeze until completely firm, about 6 hours. Dip the molds briefly in hot water before unmolding.
Per serving : 87 Calories; 3 g Fat; 2 g Sat; 1 g Mono; 0 mg Cholesterol; 13 g Carbohydrates; 5 g Protein; 2 g Fiber; 18 mg Sodium; 69 mg Potassium
1 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1/2 nonfat milk, 1/2 carbohydrate (other)
Tips & Notes
• Make Ahead Tip: Freeze for up to 3 weeks. | Equipment: Ten 3-ounce (or similar-size) freezer-pop molds
• Ingredient Note: Greek-style yogurt is made by removing the whey from cultured milk, which gives the yogurt an extra-thick and creamy texture.