Explosion Destroys Sequoyah County Home, Ruled Accidental


Tuesday, May 29th 2012, 11:08 am
By: News On 6


A home in Sequoyah County was destroyed after an explosion in the garage Monday evening.

Sheriff Ron Lockhart says the home was located northwest of Vian. By the time Vian firefighters arrived, the entire home was on fire.

Lockhart says the cause of the explosion was accidental.

He says the homeowner raises quail and has several incubators in the garage. Fumes from a nearby gasoline can sparked the explosion and resulting fire.

Lockhart says the homeowner was able to escape unharmed thanks to the help of neighbor.