Makes 4 Omelets
• 4 quart size Ziploc bags
• Egg Beaters/Substitute- Either 4 Single Serve Cups or 2 cups of Egg Beaters
• Choose your ingredients 1 tsp. each:
• Chopped tomatoes
• Chopped green/red pepper
• Chopped scallions
• Chopped ham/turkey
• Chopped Spinach
• Cooked bacon bits
• Crumbled cooked sausage
• Hash browns
• Salt, pepper
• Anything else you like!
1. Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. In the meantime, give each guest a Ziploc bag and have them write their name on their bag. Use only 6-7 bags at a time.
2. Pour one single serve cup of Egg Beaters (or ½ cup) into each Ziploc. Shake the bag to mix eggs.
3. Have each person make and mix their own omelet in the bag placing any and all ingredients such as cheese, ham, onions, bell pepper, tomatoes, hash browns, etc. Be careful not to overfill.
4. Mix well and fold Ziploc over to remove any excess air before sealing.
5. Place all Ziploc bags in the boiling water for approximately 13 minutes. Some omelets may take a few extra minutes if many ingredients were used. After 13 minutes check to see if done by lightly squeezing bag. If firm it's done.
6. Open the bags and the omelet will roll out easily.