Bagel Chips With Cucumber Yogurt Dip
Monday, August 1st 2011, 1:42 pm
News On 6
- 2 Panera Bread® Plain, Sweet Onion Poppyseed Bagel or Whole Grain Bagels
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and finely chopped
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 large clove garlic, mashed into a paste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Pinch of sugar
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 300°F
- With a serrated knife, very carefully cut the bagels into slices between 1/8-inch and ¼-inch thick (8-10 slices per bagel). Spread in a single layer on baking sheets. Generously coat all over with cooking spray, garlic salt and pepper.
- Bake until brown and crisp, 18 – 20 minutes. Let cool on pans.
- Meanwhile, toss the cucumber with the salt in a colander; let drain 30 minutes.
- Press and blot dry with paper towels. Mix in a bowl with yogurt, sour cream, oil, vinegar, garlic, dill, sugar and pepper.
- Serve with bagel chips for dipping.
Dip keeps refrigerated for up to 4 days. Chips keep at room temperature in a paper bag for up to 4 days.
Makes: about 18 bagel chips (6 servings)
Prep: 30 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes