Raw Food Cleanse: Smoothie, Salad And Pasta
Monday, August 1st 2011, 9:51 am
By: News On 6
Peaches & Crème Smoothie
Simple and delicious, this recipe is at its best when fresh local peaches are in season. If using fresh peaches, simply add crushed ice to your blender.
- 1 small bag frozen organic peaches
- 1 young Thai coconut, meat & water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- Put all ingredients into a blender and combine until smooth and creamy.
Fresh Corn & Tomato Salad
- 3 ears fresh corn, kernels cut from the cob
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1–2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Butter lettuce leaves
- Combine all ingredients and serve on butter lettuce leaves.
Raw Zucchini Pasta with Fresh Marinara
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 small Vidalia onion
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, soaked; reserve liquid
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic (or more if desired)
- 3 dates, soaked and pitted
- 1 sprig fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 zucchini or yellow squash
- Pitted black olives
- Put all ingredients in a food processor or blender, except zucchini and olives.
- Blend until marinara mixture reaches the desired consistency.
- Add the reserved liquid from the sun dried tomatoes as needed to blend.
- Use a spiral slicer, julienne peeler or vegetable peeler to create zucchini noodles.
- Combine noodles with marinara sauce and top with olives for a tasty Italian dinner.