• 2 cups peeled and diced (1/4 inch) cucumber
• 1 cup diced (1/4 inch) red bell pepper
• 1 cup diced (1/4 inch) green bell pepper
• 2 cups diced (1/4 inch) ripe tomato
• ½ cup diced (1/4 inch) red onion
• 3 small garlic cloves, minced
• 1 cup tomato + 1 cup water (Puree) or you may substitute 2 cups Tomato Juice
• ¼ cup red-wine vinegar
• 2 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 dashes Tabasco sauce
• ¼ cup fresh, chopped basil
• Juice & zest from one lime
• Chopped parsley for garnish
1. Place all of the diced vegetables in a large bowl. Add the tomato juice, vinegar, oil, and Tabasco. Season with salt and pepper and toss.
2. Transfer half of the mixture to a blender or food processor and pulse the machine on and off to coarsely puree the contents. Return the pureed mixture to the bowl and stir to combine. Refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours before serving.
3. Serve in hallowed out bell pepper with homemade, fresh Croutons!
Note: How to make fresh bread croutons: Cut away the crusts from a large chunk of ciabatta or other rustic Italian bread (about 1/3 of a 1-lb loaf). Cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
Bake in 350 degree oven for 3-5 minutes or until they feel lightly crusty to the touch