Grilled Summer Squash
3 Squash, summer, fresh, medium
1 medium garlic clove , minced
½ tsp paprika
½ tsp ground cumin
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1. Slice the squash in halve; keep skin on.
2. Whisk together garlic, paprika, cumin, olive oil, and lemon juice.
3. Preheat grill and arrange squash on grill. Grill 5 min per side and coat each side with sauce.
Sautéed Seasoned Summer Squash
2 tbsp olive oil
1 small onions , finely chopped
3 small zucchini , cut in half lengthwise then crosswise into 1/2 inch thick pieces
3 Squash, summer, all types, fresh, small , cut in half lengthwise then crosswise into ½ thick pieces
1 medium garlic cloves , minced
1 tsp oregano leaves , chopped
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper , coarsely ground
2 oz fresh mint
1 tsp fresh lemon peel , grated
1. Heat oil in a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Add in onion, sauté until golden, about 5-7 min.
2. Raise heat to medium high and add in the zucchini, squash, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper, and 1 tablespoon of mint. Sauté until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes, stir often.
3. Place vegetables in large serving bowl and mix in the lemon peel and remaining tablespoon of mint.
Garlic Roasted Squash
1 medium zucchini , quartered
1 Squash, summer, all types, fresh, medium , quartered (yellow)
¼ Onion, sweet, fresh , sliced
3 medium garlic cloves
½ tsp olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. In medium bowl combine zucchini, yellow squash, sweet onion, garlic, oil, salt, and pepper. Toss well.
3. Lightly coat shallow roasting pan with cooking spray.
4. Arrange squash mixture evenly in pan and bake 30 min, until vegetables are tender, stir every 10 min.