Tulsa Area Emergency Responders Marking Stranded Vehicles
Tuesday, February 1st 2011, 7:16 am
By: News On 6
TULSA, Oklahoma -- EMSA is reminding motorists if they see any vehicles stranded or in the ditch, look for colored tape tied to the vehicle.
Once emergency responders check a vehicle, they'll put a strip of colored piece of tape as a marker.
So if you see that, you shouldn't worry about trying to get help, because that vehicle has already been checked on.
Law enforcement around the Tulsa area will be using their "tape" process to identify if stranded vehicles have been attended to:
- Broken Arrow PD - red or orange window sticker
- Catoosa PD - green window sticker or yellow crime scene tape
- Creek Co. Sheriff - yellow crime scene tape
- EMSA - blue tape
- Glenpool PD - yellow crime scene tape on antenna
- Jenks PD - blue tape
- Oklahoma Highway Patrol - orange window stickers
- Osage Co. Sheriff - yellow crime scene tape
- Owasso PD - yellow crime scene tape on driver's side mirror or antenna
- Sapulpa PD - red tape
- Sperry PD - blue tape
- Tulsa PD - yellow Tape
- Tulsa Co. Sheriff - blue tape