Candle May Have Started Tulsa Apartment Fire


Tuesday, January 11th 2011, 8:17 am
By: News On 6


NewsOn6.com

TULSA, Oklahoma -- Tulsa Fire marshal is investigating the cause of an early Tuesday morning apartment fire.

Firefighters were called to Mohawk Manor in the 3700 block of North Birmingham just before 6 a.m.

Fire officials say only one apartment unit was damaged but the entire complex had to be evacuated as a precaution.

A Tulsa district fire chief believes children in the damaged unit may have been using a candle, but they are still trying to determine the actual cause of the fire.

No one was injured.