Light, Holiday Cookie Dough
• 1 cup butter, softened
• 1 ½ cups sugar
• 1 ½ cups packed brown sugar
• 3 eggs
• 1/3 cup canola oil
• 1 ½ teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
• 4 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon baking soda
• In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, oil and vanilla. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
• Divide dough into four 1 ¼ cup portions. Shape each into a disk; wrap individually in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle. Yield: 4 portions (1 ¼ cups each).
„X To use refrigerated cookie dough: Divide each portion into two balls; roll each ball directly on an ungreased baking sheet to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 3-in. cookie cutter, leaving at least 1 in. between cookies. Remove excess dough and reroll scraps if desired.
„X Bake at 350° for 6-7 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Decorate as desired.
„X May store frozen for up to 3 months. To use frozen cookie dough: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Bake according to recipe directions. Yield: 10 dozen cutout cookies
Nutrition Facts: 1 cookie equals 56 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 39 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Prep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
Swirly Chocolaty bars:
• 1 ¼ cups refrigerated Light, Holiday Cookie Dough
• 1 cup (6 ounces) dark chocolate chips
• ¼ cup vanilla or white chips, melted
• Press dough onto the bottom of an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan (dough will be thin). Bake at 350° for 11-13 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
• Immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips. Allow chips to soften for a few minutes, then spread over bars. Drop spoonfuls of melted vanilla chips over top; cut through chocolate with a knife to swirl. Let stand until set. Cut into bars. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Prep: 5 min. Bake: 15 min. + standing
Nutrition Facts: 1 bar equals 82 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 31 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.