1 ¼ c. finely chopped fresh cranberries
½ c. finely chopped walnuts
¼ c. granulated sugar
1 box lemon supreme cake mix
1 (3 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
¾ c. milk
Powdered sugar, for garnish, if desired
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease and flour two 8 ½ x 4 ½ - inch loaf pans. (see tips!)
3. In a large bowl, stir together the cranberries, walnuts and sugar; set aside.
4. In another large bowl, combine cake mix, cream cheese and milk; beat at medium speed with electric mixer for 2 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating for an additional 2 minutes.
5. Fold in cranberry mixture; pour batter into prepared loaf pans.
6. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean; cool in pans for 15 minutes.
7. Loosen loaves from pans and carefully invert onto a cooling rack. Turn loaves right side up to cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar. Enjoy!
Yield: 2 loaves
ƒæ 9 x 5-inch pans may also be used for this recipe.
ƒæ Find more great recipes, tips and holiday ideas at my website: www.kitchenkimberley.com