Burning Candle Blamed For Tulsa Apartment Fire


Tuesday, October 26th 2010, 7:30 am
By: News On 6


NewsOn6.com

TULSA, Oklahoma -- Tulsa firefighters rescued two women trapped on the balcony of their apartment early Tuesday morning after the apartment caught fire. 

Tulsa Fire got the call just after 3 a.m. about a fire at the Silver Springs Apartments near 61st and Memorial. 

Firefighters had to use an engine ladder to rescue the pair from a second story unit. 

EMSA paramedics say neither woman was injured. 

Fire officials say the women had left a candle burning when it caught part of a stereo unit on fire. 

Several nearby apartments did sustain minor smoke damage.