By Stephanie Harris, SouthCrest Hospital Diabetes Center
1 can pumpkin
1 C frozen spinach
1 can garbanzo beans
1/2 t cinnamon
1/2 t coriander
1 t cumin
1/2 t salt
1/2 white onion
1 T extra virgin olive oil
2 C water
1 cup millet
1. Drain and rinse the can of garbanzo beans. Toss with the cinnamon coriander, cumin and dash of salt.
2. Put garbanzo beans on cookie sheet (parchment paper or with cookie spray) and bake at 400* for 15 minutes.
3. Prepare millet according to package instructions (2 C boiled water + 1 C millet)
4. Dice 1/2 onion and sauté in olive oil until tender.
5. Add the can of pumpkin, spinach and salt to the pan with the onions. Stir and put on low heat.
6. Add the cooked millet to the pumpkin mix. Add the garbanzo beans.