Summer Vegetable Tart
Monday, July 19th 2010, 1:41 pm
By: News On 6
- 3 sprays olive oil cooking spray
- 6 oz frozen ready-to-bake pie crust, thawed, or fresh pie crust (9 inch)
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1 small yellow summer squash
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/4 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a 9-inch tart pan, bake crust, unfilled, according to package directions. Let cool.
- Place tomato, zucchini and squash slices on baking sheet and lightly coat with cooking spray. Bake until tomatoes are slightly dry and zucchini and squash slices are tender, about 20 to 30 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Mix together ricotta, herbs, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Spread evenly over tart crust.
- Starting at center of crust and working outward, arrange slightly overlapping, alternating rings of vegetables until crust is completely covered. Return to oven until heated through, 5 to 10 minutes. Slice into 8 pieces and serve.