EMSA Issues Reminder On Importance Of Fireworks Safety
Sunday, July 4th 2010, 11:11 am
By: News On 6
UNDATED -- Fireworks help complete any Fourth of July celebration, but EMSA is issuing a reminder of the dangers of fireworks. They say every year, people are burned and injured while using them.
EMSA reports most accidents are due to negligence and can be prevented. Paramedics urge adults and children to follow a few simple guidelines in order to enjoy a safe and happy celebration.
- Use fireworks and sparklers only outdoors.
- Only people older than 12 should handle sparklers of any type.
- Obey local laws. If fireworks are not legal where you are, do not use them.
- Only use fireworks as intended. Do not try to alter them or combine them with other fireworks.
- Fireworks and alcohol do not mix. If you plan to consume alcohol, have a designated "shooter."
- Use common sense.