2 spray(s) cooking spray
1/4 cup(s) barbecue sauce
1 1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce, or to taste
1 pound(s) uncooked ground chicken breast
1/2 cup(s) scallion(s), sliced
1/4 cup(s) celery, chopped
1/4 cup(s) dried bread crumbs, plain-variety
2 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp table salt
4 item(s) mixed-grain hamburger roll(s)
2 cup(s) romaine lettuce, shredded
1 large tomato(es), cut into 8 slices
2 Tbsp blue cheese, crumbled
• Off heat, coat a grill or grill pan with cooking spray; preheat to medium-high.
• In a small bowl, combine barbecue sauce and hot pepper sauce. In a medium bowl, combine chicken, 1 tablespoon of barbecue sauce mixture, scallion, celery, bread crumbs, garlic and salt. Using wet hands (to prevent mixture from sticking), form chicken mixture into four 1/2-inch-thick patties; brush top of burgers with some remaining barbecue sauce mixture.
• Place burgers on grill, sauce side down; brush tops of burgers with remaining sauce. Grill, turning once, until cooked through, about 10 minutes. Lightly toast open-faced buns on grill during last minute of cooking.
• To serve, place 4 bun bottoms on each of 4 plates. Top each with 1/2 cup of shredded lettuce, 2 tomato slices, a burger, 1/2 tablespoon of cheese and a bun top (cheese will melt a little from hot burger). Yields 1 burger per serving.
• If you like your food really spicy, give the lettuce and tomato a few shots of hot sauce.
Switching to light hamburger buns reduces each burger to a POINTS value of 5.
POINTS® Value: 6
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 10 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy
These burgers are Buffalo chicken wing knock-offs. They're brushed with a spicy BBQ sauce and then topped with crumbled blue cheese. Amazing flavor.