Space Heater May Have Started Tulsa House Fire


Wednesday, December 10th 2008, 7:47 am
By: News On 6


NewsOn6.com

TULSA, OK -- The cold weather may have had something to do with a house fire in Tulsa overnight.

The fire happened at around 1 a.m. Wednesday at 5th and Sheridan.

Tulsa Police say a man woke up to smoke in his home. He got his two kids up and they all made it out okay.

Firefighters believe the fire was caused by a small space heater run off an extension cord.

There was no damage estimate.

The residents of the home are now staying with neighbors.