2 c. Shawnee Mills All-Purpose Flour
½ c. granulated sugar
1 tbsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
½ c. Garden Club Creamy Peanut Butter
2 tbsp. Hiland butter
2 Braum's eggs
1 c. Hiland milk
½ c. coarsely chopped dry-roasted peanuts
Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in peanut butter and butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Beat the eggs and milk; stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups almost full. (See tips!) Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 17 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool for 10 minutes in pan; remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve with a variety of Garden Club or Griffin's Jams and Jellies. Enjoy!
KITCHEN KIMBERLEY'S TIPS:
• For tender muffins, do not over mix the batter. Muffin batter should be lumpy.
• Muffins should go into the oven as soon as the batter is mixed.
• A standard ice cream scoop makes perfectly sized muffins.
• To check if muffins are done, insert a toothpick into the center of one of them. If it comes out clean, the muffins are done.
• Recipe tested using Hiland Skim Milk.
AN ADAPTED RECIPE BY KITCHEN KIMBERLEY